Sunday 27 May 2012

Ice-cidents

The thrill from yesterday's success prompted me to cook AGAIN!
(http://non-stophampolishnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/05/never-too-late.html)


So here's my dinner today.


FRIED PARATHA FOLDOVER WITH CHEESE, SAUSAGE AND CHERRY TOMATOES WITH A SERVING OF FRIED HAM!


The ham was pretty random because I had no idea what to do with it.











It is safe to say that I'll be blogging almost every weekend about my various food adventures in the kitchen.


Yipee!


So anyway, I have a little situation with my freezer.


It needs serious defrosting.


The thick layers of ice formed has rendered me speechless.


This is how bad it is.








It is a little redundant to keep frozen goods in the freezer when the freezer isn't doing such a good job with freezing it due to the thick layers of ice that


1. Increase the temperature within the freezer (cold air runs out because the ice is so thick that the freezer door can't shut properly but the freezer is in the same compartment as the rest of the fridge so it isn't so bad).


2. Severely minimise storage area in the freezer.


Why don't I just defrost it you might ask.


The award-winning answer is,


BECAUSE DEFROSTING THE FREEZER REQUIRES SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT.


A hassle indeed.


Plus, as I've mentioned earlier, my freezer is in the same compartment as my fridge.


Defrosting it would mean that the rest of my fridge would be submerged in water during the defrosting process.


More work for me.


Only when I'm in dire need of storage space would I consider defrosting my fridge.


Oh and a miracle happened!


There is a chocolate stalagmite in my freezer!








Funny story really.


I placed my chocolate ice cream horizontally (instead of it being upright) due to the depleting storage area in the freezer.


It melted a little, leaked out of the container and a chocolate stalagmite formed.


It actually resembled a stalagmite more before I furiously hacked it with a knife in a pathetic attempt to get rid of it.


We all know how that ended.





No comments:

Post a Comment