Saturday 7 April 2012

The real treat in the Easter egg

When I was young, I had to deal with this mind boggling question.


"Mummy, if Jesus died on Good Friday, why is it good?"


Little did i know that by this act of selflessness and love,


HE HAS SAVED US!








Only when I was older did I fully grasp the interpretation of 'good' in Good Friday.


The 40 days leading up to Good Friday is known as the Lenten season.


This is a time of reflection and prayer.


So many things has happened throughout these 40 days.


I believe that in some ways I have emerged from these 40 days being a little less of the bitch that I am.


Spiritual growth is so important and no amount of growth hormones or thyroxine or triiodothyronine can stimulate that growth other than reflection, repentance and prayer.


I am a person of very low tolerance 


AND


I get frustrated very easily.


I think one of the biggest revelations for me this Lenten season is 


If we, ungrateful sinners as we are, can be forgiven by GOD,


then being patient and kind to others shouldn't be a Herculean task for me.


After all we ARE all children of God, created in His image.










So yes, I went forth with a mission at hand,


and I have to say,


mission impossible became mission somewhat possible.


Sorry Tom Cruise.








AND


I have to say,


It feels pretty awesome too.


Not to mention that sense of pride and accomplishment blossoming in my heart.


Not referring to my ego by the way.


Happy belated Good Friday and 


HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!





*salivating*




1 comment:

  1. you christians are so christian like. ugh. LOL. the irony. you did a good job this lent :D especially seeing as you had a lot of temptation to break it. hahah

    ReplyDelete